Thursday, June 24, 2010

Music + LA




So, it was a random Wednesday night....but, I decided to spice it up a little...

What did I do, you ask? Its Wednesday, could something cool possibly be going down?

Yes, my friends. Fun things do exist in Los Angeles on a Wednesday night.

I thank my sister for dragging me with her to watch Tamar Kaprelian, Brendan James, and Boyce Avenue live at the Roxy. I listened to some very cool music and had a great time. If you ever find yourself bored in Los Angeles, make sure to check out the small concert scene we have (think the Roxy, Whiskey a Go Go, The Mint, The Viper Room...) here in Los Angeles. You'd really be surprised!

For one, these concerts are extremely intimate, so you don't have to squint or take binoculars to see the performer on stage. You'd actually see them singing (not lip-syncing :]) on stage with their heart and soul. As an audience member, you will view an extremely inspiring panorama. Plus, each ticket will cost you no more than $20....$60-$100 less than those "mainstream" Staples Center concerts we attend. Take my word for it folks....you'd have nothing short of a great time!

Also, I gotta give some love to the most amazing singer/songwriter I've ever seen perform live, Tamar Kaprelian. She's a gem! I got to listen to her sing and was fortunate enough to meet her after her show. I loved her cover of "A Whole New World," and you guys would love "New Day" or "Sinner or A Saint." She's got my seal of approval, check her out Los Angelenos! For more about Tamar, please visit http://www.tamarkaprelianmusic.com

Have you ever seen a cool underground band that we should check out? Let me know!! Until next time folks...ROCK ON ;)

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun!!! Yay I'm glad you made a blog, fellow los angelista ;)

    ReplyDelete