Tuesday, June 15, 2010

LA Fashion: KEEMIA





Since I've dedicated this blog to everything and anything Los Angeles, I thought hey, why not tell my loyal readers about an up and coming designer (and Trojan alumna, Fight On!) based out of LA, KEEMIA.

Launched in Winter 2005 by Keemia Ferasat, the KEEMIA label focuses on designing clothing contemporary dresses, giving me a vibe of of old-Hollywood meets LA hipster style.

My favorite KEEMIA pieces are pictured above. The Joelle dress, which can be found under the Spring 2010 collection, is absolutely breathtaking! I love the classic lace detail on the upper portion of the dress, which goes back to what I was saying with the juxtaposition KEEMIA places in her clothing. Lace is always elegant, but the fact that the lace follows the current "one-shoulder" trend makes it all the more alluring!

The head designer and owner of the label, Keemia, mentions on her website, "The KEEMIA woman is feminine, at ease with herself, and chic." There is a visible presence of the preceding quote within her clothing, and at this rate, I see nothing but a successful future for the KEEMIA label.

KEEMIA clothing can be purchased at various boutiques in LA and all over the USA. Please visit her site, http://www.keemia.com, for more information.

I may be no Coco Chanel or Rachel Zoe, but hey, I live in LA, and we definitely love fashion here! Take my advice, fellow Los Angelenos. You'd be very happy with what you'll find with KEEMIA.

Until Next time, stay classy and GO LAKERS!

XOXO,

Los Angelista

P.S. FYI, Salvatore Ferragamo was a USC alum, cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment